Saturday, December 6, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree! Oh Christmas Tree!

So the tree is up and I am loving it! In the past i have gone with silver, white and an icy blue. However I decided to switch it up this year and go for more of a rustic glam. Think glitter, glass metallics with burlap and natural elements.









I was able to use a lot o the same elements, white poinsettias and metallic pheasant feathers but I chose to switch up the ribbon to a burlap and metallic ribbon and I added in large pine cones and a few birch balls. A trick that I tried out this year that really made a difference was to use two types of lights. I first wove small little lights in the center of the tree and wrapped my larger bulbed lights more around the edge. It made a huge difference and really haloed add sparkle to the tree.


Have I mentioned this is my favorite time of year? I absolutely love sitting at night and looking at the tree! What themes did you all go with this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment