Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's all in the details- Grandma's 90th

Details are something I truly love! When it came to my Grandma's 90th I went all out. She is someone who takes time to look at every last thing and I wanted to ensure there was nothing forgotten.


My favorite thing about this party were the customized, "these are a few of my favorite things" cards that we sent to family and friends. 

 
We included a postmarked return envelope so it would be easy for people to fill out. We simply asked people to include their favorite thing or memory about Lucille and return it to us. The responses were so touching and made for beautiful garland that we strung around the house using ribbon and clothespins.



I had two tables set, the dining room table for Grandma and her grandchildren,



and a table for Great Grandchildren and their Grandparents.


I used vintage tea cups with roses and floral tags from Michaels to create place cards and kept my Grandmas favorite colors of powder blue and light pink throughout the party. Printables were created for throughout the house that included Grandma's favorite things and memories.


My cousin Liz made a beautiful 90 banner out of printed black and white photos and it turned out to be a great focal point. 

And we definitely can't leave out the beautiful cake by "the cake lady" Gail's cakes of Minneapolis. The sugar flower was so beautiful on this cake and it tastes as good as it looks!!



To end with my favorite quote of the day, " Ohh what a difference a day makes."  Happy 90th to the prettiest woman I know!! I love you so much and I am so proud to be your Grandaughter!

Photography by: http://erinandiphoto.com

2 comments:

  1. Seriously - you have some awesome talent. You need to become an event planner! I love all the details, and love that you now have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg!!! It am so excited I get to share my ideas with everyone.

    ReplyDelete