Thursday, September 12, 2013

Living Room Love

Now that the office is almost complete I wanted to change rooms and share something new.  It's Living Room time! When we first bought this house it had a sunken living room.  I don't have a great picture to show it, but when you walked in on the left hand side you had a very odd railing that only went one step up.  It absolutely cut off the space and made it feel small. Below are the always beautiful before pics :)


 We hired a contractor to raise the floor so that it would be seamless with the kitchen and the dining room.  Huge score!! It made everything feel much bigger and now after getting rid of the 80's I absolutely love the space. 

The first real furniture purchase we made in this house was the beautiful houndstooth chairs. We bought one and my parents bought one as a gift. 5 years later and I am still just as smitten.

Now I must tell you a few things. One I change the color scheme in this room often, and two the bench that is serving as"love seat" is temporary, but it was an awesome solution on the cheap!! 


I like the small pop of mint/blue and I think it ties in the entryway console table really well. 

Looking at this picture I can see I am still in need of some art on the walls in the entry :) Are we really ever done decorating?? I added the gold 1.5 years ago and I still love how rich it looks with the black and white. 

Other than the large armoire which is my MIL's, most of the furniture is a TJ or online find.  Do you see this pillow?
That is one of my new DIY's that I will be back to share next week. So you don't have to scroll to the top here are the before and afters!




 So what do you think? Do you like the black white and gold?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your decorating Heather and look forward to your new blog posts! <3

    ReplyDelete